مونتيسوري مصر

مشاكل القراء المسجلة

Delivered to your Doorstep

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Noor

People deal with turbulence differently; some people take drugs or drink alcohol, others sleep, write, or cry.

I clean up; I clean up my house, tidy my closets, label the items in my drawers, wash my car inside out, clear up my desktop, and rearrange the folders on my drives.

Today, as I was going though my recycle bin - yes I do that too - I found a word document titled Noor and I had no recollection of its contents. I decided to have one last look at it before I permanently delete it and there she was - the loveliest young girl I have met.

I do not know how I deleted that file but I was happy to have found it.

Noor Kamel is the youngest poet I know and I am proud to write about her today. I met the 9 year old poet at an event organized by Iman Youssef the founder of A New Book In The Market.

Little Noor got on stage and began reciting the poems she wrote since she was 7.

At the end of her reading she looked at her audience and said "It is never the end; it is always the beginning."

When she got off stage, she threw her little arms around me and restored my faith in love, happiness, and innocence.

I would like to share with you some of her poems and illustrations hoping that they would have the same effect on you as they had on me.















6 comments:

Donia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donia said...

This is the birth of an amazing poet.. How cute and sensitive is her work!! Marwa you're such a wonderful person for posting Noor's work.

By the way, Noor, i have a bed like yours and I like it the same way, when I moved from my old home, I insisted taking it with me... Good luck sweet talented girl :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! me too deal with my turbulence by cleaning up, i know a friend has the same thing, does it has a name in psychology?

The girl paints is very cute, pure and innocent and it's so impressing she can poem in English, thanks for sharing Marmar :)

Asser Mattar said...

Lovely :))
Noor is the Arabic word for light,
so whenever it's too dark,sometimes a small ray of light penetrates this darkness,and plants a new hope in our hearts.
Bless you Marwa for posting this, and bless Noor for giving us this smile of hope.

مثليه said...

am so happy to found ur blog

I'll be more than happy if u visit mine am shure u will like it and u will discover more about our life style
waiting 4 u

Anonymous said...

Loved this - thanks for sharing it :)