The Egyptian blogosphere has turned into the new jihad field for Muslim, Coptic, and secular fundamentalists.
Quranic Studies defines jihad as "Jihad is simply the process of "exerting the best efforts," involving some form of "struggle" and "resistance," to achieve a particular goal."
It is no big secret that the number of Egyptians who believe that Egypt should become a secular nation are increasing. Mainly, intellectual bilingual well-educated people have realized that inter-faith strives are holding the country back.
"This group is open to anyone that wants to make Egypt a better place to live in, and that believes in:
1. All Egyptians are born free and equal in dignity and rights
2. All Egyptians have the right of free thought and religion.
3. All Egyptians are equal before the law.
4. Any Egyptian is entitled to all rights and freedoms without distinction such as race, gender, religion or origin.
5. An Egyptian Secular (civil) state is the only way to achieve these objectives." Says the creator of Egypt, A Secular Nation group on facebook.