مونتيسوري مصر

مشاكل القراء المسجلة

Delivered to your Doorstep

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, January 7, 2012

DEAR DR. SEARS! THANK YOU – WRITTEN BY THE MOTHER OF A HIGH NEED BABY - Marwa Rakha

DEAR DR. SEARS! THANK YOU – WRITTEN BY THE MOTHER OF A HIGH NEED BABY - Marwa Rakha

Adam was born on April 18, 2011 and our birth experience was traumatic for both of us! My first sentiment towards him was resentment; I kept asking him why he did not work with me to have the birth we both wanted! Eventually we went home and the first few days passed quietly and happily then bam! Suddenly Adam would have high-pitch crying fits that would last from a couple of hours to a whole day only to be interrupted by exhaustion sleep. No matter what I did, he screamed! I held him, he arched his back! I hugged him, he pulled away! I tired to massage him – and do all the nice bonding things that I read about – he tensed his muscles and screamed louder. One thing worked though; I would carry him and go up and down the stairs until I was panting – literally panting. I interpreted his behavior as a clear sign that he did not like me! I would just sit there and cry next to him not knowing what I was doing wrong.


No comments: