مونتيسوري مصر

مشاكل القراء المسجلة

Delivered to your Doorstep

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hey you .. yes you!!!

Hey you ...
Yes you ...
My dear reader ...
Please do not get offended ...
Please forgive me for what I am about to say ...
I am writing this article because of you ...
I am mad at you ...
Sitting there flipping though the pages of this magazine ...
Why do I always see you defeated in my dreams?
Why do you always come to me on mute?
Why do you always move in slow motion?
I am so angry at you for watching in silence as the world goes by.


I dreamt that you were checked into a hospital and in my dream you had neither power to talk nor strength to walk. You could see, hear, and feel everything but you had no voice ... you could not say no to what they were going to do to you. On that bed you lay and there comes the pious doctor with his blade ... I could see you trying to resist ... trying to say that this procedure was against your will and beliefs ... you were trying to break free ... but yes you had no voice. In a minute of eternity, colored in shades of pain, tears, and silent screams, you were cut ... your womanhood was mutilated forever. May you rest in peace! Hey you ... yes you ... How have you supported incriminating the practice of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) whereby the parents as well as the doctors should get punished?

Read More

No comments: